A fig cake recipe is suitable for preparing a dessert at home without much effort. Preparing it is easy, and it tastes great! The cake prepared with fresh flour, figs, eggs, and sugar will satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth, including your special guests.
The moist, fragrant aroma, rich flavor, and tender crumbs will leave you wanting more! You can quickly prepare it for the uncalled party, the arrival of guests, during a special occasion, or treat yourself to a desert.
So, why wait! Let’s get baking!
You first want the items required to prepare fig cake in your kitchen. And we have listed all the necessary compounds for the cake. These are:
- Figs: You require at least 12 figs for the recipe. Wash them, clean them, and slice them into smaller pieces. If finding fresh figs is hard, consider dried figs. However, place the dried figs in hot water for 15 minutes before turning them into slices.
- Flour: For the fig cake recipe, use about 2 cups of flour to get consistency and texture. Alternatively, you can also use coconut or almond flour, considering you prefer the cake to be gluten-free.
- Sugar: Use granulate sugar of 1 cup in this recipe. However, you can alter the serving based on your liking and preference.
- Eggs: You will need two eggs to mix with the batter. Use the eggs at room temperature and whisk them thoroughly.
- Baking powder and soda: Take 1 spoon of baking powder and ½ spoonful of baking soda for this recipe to turn the cake light and fluffy.
- Salt: Enhance the cake’s flavor by adding a pinch of salt.
- Vanilla extract: Adding vanilla extract enhances the aroma and flavor. Use 1 teaspoon of the extract.
- Oil or butter: You can prepare the batter with melted butter or oil. If staying healthy is your choice, use coconut oil.
Now that you have all the compounds listed for the recipe, it’s time to enter the baking procedure. When followed, the fig cake recipe helps you prepare a tender and moist cake that will amaze any food lover. The preparation stages are as follows:
- Start by setting the oven’s temperature to 350°F (175°C), mixing the ingredients in a bowl, and greasing the cake pan.
- Beat the eggs in a different until light and frothy. Add the oil or melted butter, vanilla extract, and chopped figs, and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the wet and dry ingredients, stirring gently until combined. Do not overmix.
- Shift the prepared batter into the cake pan. Using a spatula, smooth the outer layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Place the cake aside for about ten minutes after removing it from the oven. It helps in bringing it to room temperature. Then, with the help of a knife, loosen the cake. Next, turn the cake slowly and place it on the wire rack.
- Garnish with fresh fig slices and dust powdered sugar before serving the cake warm. Tips and Tricks
Now that you have learned about the fig cake recipe, learn about the additional serving suggestions you can add for the enriched version. The following are a few suggestions:
- Whipped cream: Adding whipped cream to your fig cake is always great. It adds a light, airy texture that complements the dense, moist cake.
- Ice cream: Another classic option is to serve fig cake with a scoop of ice cream. You can pick any of your favorites, but vanilla and caramel are preferable.
- Fresh figs: Slice any leftover figs into small pieces and garnish the cake. You can also change the sizes and decorate the cake.
- Honey: Drizzling honey on your fig cake is another great option. They add a sweetness that perfectly pairs with the ripe figs.
You can try variations by mixing several things. The best way is by adding chopped walnuts or almonds. Adding them to the batter makes the cake crunchier. Alternatively, add nutmeg or cinnamon finely chopped pieces for enhanced flavor.
Adding cheese frosting on the cake is another thing to try out! There are endless possibilities with the cake you can try; all you need is patience! However, use finely chopped pieces of the add-ons and distribute them evenly for better arrangement. Also, decrease the oven’s temperature to 325°F (165°C) when using a dark-colored cake pan. Reduced temperature prevents the over-browning of the cake.
Now that you have the ingredients learn about storing them properly to preserve their original essence. The following are the pointers that come to your rescue:
- Store the fresh figs away from sunlight and in a dry place.
- Use airtight containers for storing flour, sugar, and baking powder. It prevents the building of moisture.
- As eggs have a short life, refrigerating them helps extend their life to 4 weeks. Before using for the batter, place two eggs outside to get them to room temperature.
4. Store oil products in steel containers, away from sunlight.
Tips on Storing
When storing at room temperature, use an airtight container to retain the freshness for up to 3 days. If you would like to extend the period for a week, use plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. Then, to reheat the cake, use the oven for 10-15 minutes while maintaining a temperature of 350°F (175°C).
The fig cake recipe will dominate other desserts, whether you plan a party, for the unplanned guests, or the potluck. The tender texture and deliciously sweet flavor are sure to hit the right spot and turn into the favorite dish of everyone! You can use your creativity with the cake by implementing different variations. Make this recipe your own by working your magic!